The Master Gardeners of Greene County welcome you to attend the 1st Annual Field Day at the Springfield Botanical Gardens! Join us on August 19, 2017 from 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. for a fun and informative workshop hosted by the University of Missouri Extension. The field day will include garden tours, indoor educational sessions, and a catered lunch. Please click here for a complete schedule of events.
- a tour of our hosta garden and a digging & dividing seminar
- a guided tram tour of the beautiful Springfield Botanical Gardens
- a guided tour of the MO native Butterflly House
- you will be served a catered lunch
- a session on “Growing Blackberries in MO” by Patrick Byers-Horticulture Specialist, MU Extension
- a session on “Native Butterflies and Moths of MO” by Dr. Chris Barnhart-Professor of Biology at MSU and curator of the Dr. Bill Roston Native Butterfly House at the Springfield Botanical Gardens
- a session on “Growing Hostas in MO” by Tom Lakowske-President of the Greater Ozarks Hosta Society
Gardeners, spouses, and guests are all welcome to the workshop; cost is $35 per person. This field day will count as 5 hours of Advanced Training for Master Gardeners.
Please contact Kelly McGowan at email@example.com or Robert Balek at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information. You may register on-line at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/1st-annual-sw-regional-master-gardener-field-day-tickets-36589534282 or call 417-874-2953